VOTING INSTRUCTIONS – SECRET MAIL BALLOT:
1. Place an X in the designated space next to the candidate of your choice.
DO NOT PUT ANY OTHER MARKS ON THE BALLOT.
2 Place the ballot in the small unmarked envelope and seal it.
3. Place the small envelope inside the red printed return envelope and seal it.
4. Print your name and address on the upper left corner of the red printed business reply envelope and SIGN YOUR NAME ON THE SIGNATURE LINE PROVIDED. (YOUR ENVELOPE MUST CONTAIN BOTH YOUR PRINTED NAME AND SIGNATURE FOR YOUR BALLOT TO BE COUNTED). Return the ballot by U.S. Mail.
5. The red printed envelopes will be held until Wednesday, March 15, 2017, by the Bureau of Mediation Services when they will be picked up by the Election Board. The envelopes will be opened at the Union office in the presence of observers designated by each candidate. At that time the small inner envelope will remain closed until all the red printed envelopes have been opened and the inner envelopes placed in a suitable container for mixing, whereupon the inner envelopes will be opened and tallied by the designated tellers.
6. Any writing on the ballot other than a simple X in the designated space beside the candidate’s name on the ballot will automatically void the ballot.
7. Only one ballot to an envelope – more than one will void all in that envelope.
8. IMPORTANT: All ballots must be returned by U.S. MAIL and received by the Bureau of Mediation Services no later than the regular mail delivery on Wednesday, March 15, 2017, to be valid. You cannot carry your ballot to the meeting, it must be mailed in the designated envelopes.
9. The ballots will be opened and tallied starting at 4:00 P.M. on March 15, 2017, at the union office. Each candidate may have one observer at the counting. The name of the officer elected will be announced at the general membership meeting on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
We want very much to be able to count every ballot we receive, so please follow the instructions carefully.