The SEIU Local 284 democratic process to elect a 2nd Vice President (3 year term), Trustee (3 year term), 3 Members at Large (1 – 3 year term, 1 – 2 year term and 1 – 1 year term) and Senior Member (3 year term), is about to begin. An Election Committee will oversee the election.
Nominations will be accepted at the February 18, 2017 Leadership Assembly during the General Membership Union Meeting. Any nominee who is unopposed shall be deemed elected without the necessity for further procedures. If there is more than one nominee, election shall be by secret mail ballot.
1. February 18, 2017 – Nominations accepted at General Membership Union meeting of SEIU Local 284 If no contested seats all officers will be sworn in and no further action is needed
2. February 20, 2017 at 4pm – Candidate Profiles due for any contested seats
3. February 23, 2017 – Ballot’s mailed to all Members **Only if any seats are contested – Mail Ballot Procedure
4. March 15, 2017 at 3pm – All ballots returned by U.S. MAIL and received by the Bureau of Mediation Services will be picked up **Only if any seats are contested – Mail Ballot Procedure
5. March 15, 2017 at 4pm – All ballots will be opened and tallied at SEIU Local 284, 450 Southview Blvd, So St Paul, MN 55075 **Only if any seats are contested – Mail Ballot Procedure
6. March 16, 2017 at 6:30pm – General Membership Meeting, Announcement of elected officers and swearing in. **Only if any seats are contested
SEIU Local 284 Officer Nominations
Article V, Section 2-Any nominee who is unopposed shall be deemed elected without the necessity for further procedures.
Article V, Section 5- No member shall be eligible for nomination or election to the office of Trustee or Member-At-Large unless the member is actively employed under a collective bargaining agreement in Local 284’s jurisdiction at the time of the election. Any member may be nominated and elected to the office of Executive Director, President, Vice President and/or Sergeant-At-Arms. No member shall be eligible for nomination or election to the office of Senior Member unless the member is 55 years of age or older, or retired from active employment in this Local Union’s jurisdiction. No more than three of these five named positions shall be members who are employed by this Local Union. No member shall be eligible for nomination or election as an officer in this Local Union unless he or she has been a member two (2) years immediately preceding the nomination and continuously in good standing of this Local Union and is paying at least the minimum dues required for working members.